Sunday, November 09, 2008

Winter descends upon Chicago

A busy, Bears filled weekend. But first, drum roll please.........I bought a new cell phone!!! Yep, I was out and about in the suburbs on Saturday and purchased a new iPhone. It's pretty amazing from what I've seen so far and will be trying out it's various features before handing the number out.





















Interesting story about the number, I was at the Apple Store all intent on buying the phone until I asked the guy for the specific last four digits that I wanted. He said the numbers were randomly generated, so I couldn't make a request. Having done this several times in the past, I politely told him, "No, YOU might not be able to do it, but it can be done." He agreed and helped me find the nearest AT&T store (just down the street actually). There I found a wonderfully helpful gent who sold me on the virtues of the iPhone and got me the number I wanted.


By the way, have you ever gone into one of those Apple Stores? What a pain in the ass!! I've never seen a place that makes it so hard to give them money. You have to make an appointment to get your computer examined. You have to wait in queue to talk to someone about a phone. You have to wait in queue to talk to someone about an iPod. The whole place is all about waiting. Here's a thought: how hiring the right freakin' number of staff to service people quickly?!? Stupid asses. And here's a thought, if you have to give your name to a "concierge" before ANYONE will help you, maybe you should a freakin' sign up stating that fact. Unbelievable. At least let me know the dumb ass rules that you play by.

From the frying pan and into the fire as far as my blood pressure went. The Bears put forth a fantastic effort to stop an unbeaten Titans team with an outstanding run game. More accurately, the defense stopped the run, but that was it. The Titans got only 20 yards rushing for the game, but they threw all over the place against us, often seemingly at will and won 21-14. Grossman was awful, often missing wide open receivers completely and at least throwing behind or high. Hester was wide open and streaking for the endzone but Grossman found a way to OVER throw him. This is one of the fastest guys in the NFL! It's almost impossible to over throw him. Ugh.

Fortunately we had a healthy tailgate despite the cold weather (35 degrees without the windchill). Naperville Greg, Sausage Andy, Benny Baseball, 5 cent Jack and his gal Leah showed up for the second week in a row. We had a hoot of a time and Andy got sauced!! He's a funny drunk.















The guys who sit in front of me at the game wondered why they aren't ever in my blog. I have posted pictures in the past, but we took a picture with one of their phones and I hope to have it for posting tomorrow. In lieu of that picture, here's proof that I have indeed posted their picture!!! Granted, they have enough character to write about more often......

2 comments:

alexis said...

holy crap, it looks cold!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Mr. "I will never use a cell phone" has now leaped over me and has a way cooler phone than I do.

There is only one way to respond to this...Make Mr referenced above pay through the nose for a great dinner for moi!