Thursday, November 06, 2008

Signs of Christmas

The election is over....and Christmas is on its way. How do I know? Today I received four Christmas catalogs (the tally will be kept at the bottom of my entries again) and I've been invited to my first Christmas party already.

Today was the first in show/commercial cross promotion I've seen too. Jane Seymour's "Open Heart Pendant" (which looks like a cursive "Z") was the object of a character's desire on My Name is Earl. The first commercial after that scene? Yep, Kay Jewelers promoting Jane Seymour's pendant. Very sneaky these TV folks. You have to keep an eye on them......and that's exactly what they want.


Catalog Tally: 4 Total to beat: 24 from 2007 or 30 from 2006

3 comments:

alexis said...

yes, we have had x-mas stuff up since mid October. Well, more sinterklaus stuff really , but it amounts to the same thing.

stef said...

The tree at Marshall Fields is going up this weekend! I think all the warm weather makes it seem like it's happening too early...

Anonymous said...

I would just prefer Jane Seymour and skip the pendant.