Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bathroom, a retrospective

Instead of just posting pictures of my finished bathroom, which I did include at the end, I figured walking you through the long journey would be more fun. So
here we go!





The shower, sans the door, as it looked in January. Yes, January. I realize how long it's been, believe me, I know.

















Here is the wall where the new window was installed. The new toilet and old toilet are in the same position.
















That wall stripped away to show the opening for the window.











The ceiling full of debris! I took all of that crap out before construction began in July.












The old vanity. The new vanity is in the same position. The old shower basin is on the right.












That vanity removed with the wall that I removed and the pipes which we did not have to move.












The old wiring and ceiling supports. All of that was taken out and I raised the ceiling.











Towards the end of may, a guy from the burbs installed the glass block window inexpensively and efficiently. It would prove to be the only such thing in my bathroom!

















The finished window furrowed out. Looking sharp!
















The new ceiling light, electrical and exhaust vents. Not sure why it rotated on it's side when I uploaded this picture. Well, you get the idea.


















The crazy pink, rubbery sealant used to super, duper waterproof the seals. Crazy looking, but it works.


















And here's the finished product!!! The door is a pocket door by the way. This picture is from the hallway, rather obviously.














The new toilet, vanity and cabinet.



















The cabinet and new window.

















The mirror, vanity and new, higher shower door!


















The new light fixtures.



















The shower, from inside the shower!


















The back wall of the shower with the new built in ledge for shampoo.












So that's it. It's been a long time coming. I started the project on January 29th, and it was officially done on Friday the 21st of November. So that's what, 10 months? Ok, it was a little long in coming, but it's sweet!!! With two other bathrooms to use, I guess it wasn't a huge priority for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, i would like ONE bathroom that looks that nice!!

stef said...

It looks fabulous! Although I will miss the toilet in the living room decor. ;)

alexis said...

kudo's to you! That is going to leave you feeling great for years after every dump.

Anonymous said...

Damn, so close to beating you out.

Glad for you.

Agree with Stef - will miss the toilet in the living room.