Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What do you do when you're illin'? Rip up the bathroom.

Since I'm still a bit lethargic and under the weather, I watched the Super Bowl highlights of the Bears/Colts game last year. These half hour synopsis are shown every year around this time on either ESPN or the NFL channel. It just kills me to watch Grossman's inept performance. The fumbles, the terrible, terrible throws. Ugh. His two picks in the second half were both terribly, terribly under thrown. One was returned for a touchdown. In fact, over the last 49 minutes of the game, the Bears offense was outscored by the Colts defense. That's brutal.

Now to my main topic: my guest bathroom. Unable to concentrate much, but wanting to accomplish something, I decided now was a good time to start tearing up my guest bathroom. Here are some pics!!





















Here's the shower door after it's been removed and the stand up shower.





This is as far as I could go today as it filled up the garbage can. Not a bad start though.













The floor was already partially ripped up. Obviously much more to do.














The "before" picture of the wall that's going to be ripped out. Behind the frames on the left is a walled up window! I'm going to open it up and put in glass block. Should be cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when you get sick you do home improvements? That's sick.

alexis said...

how could they wall up a window? Wait - that wasn't you who originally did that was it? Sacrilege! says girl living in light-deprived Amsterdam.

Anonymous said...

I hope this will be completed by Vikes/Bears 08! Feel better soon.

stef said...

Very cool! It was definitely time for that bathroom to get a makeover.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Goodness no Alexis! That was done with the original remodeling in the late 70's. There's an airshaft on the other side of the wall, so it's not a ton of light, but it's nice.

Hoping that it will be done by my birthday Ken!!