Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy MLK Day!

(this first paragraph is from my post last year. It's still very applicable.)
Hopefully you'll take a minute today to reflect on the life and times and influences of the late Dr. Martin Luther King. One of his more popularized moments is his "I have a dream" speech. You can't really help but getting pumped up while even reading his speech, much less actually listening to it. Here's a link that provides both for your viewing and listening pleasure. Take a moment today to relive the part of that day in August of 1963.

Feeling even better today! The weather seems slightly warmer, though no end to the seasonable cold is predicted. Oh well, that's January in Chicago I guess. Even got a little dusting of snow this morning.

Ricardo shot me an email from the office today telling me not to bother coming in as the thermostat is broken and it's 38 degrees in the office. Ugh. Well, looks like I'm working from home today!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

wow, 38 degrees - is that still warmer than outside in Chicago these days?

Anonymous said...

Oh come on. You're the tough jock. Leaving poor Ricardo to hack away in his gloves. I'm horrified to see what his spreadsheets are going to look like.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yep Alexis, it's been in the 20's and 10's so 38 is balmy! Still, I'm not working in that. About a month ago or so the same thing happened and it takes most of the day to get it heated up again.