Friday, January 04, 2008

Huck-a-what??

Mike Huckabee?? Really? According to OntheIssues.org, he has the following stances/comments:

-Hate abortion, but to allow it is like hating slavery but allowing it. (May 2007)
-Certainly good day for America when Roe v. Wade is repealed. (May 2007)
-Respect gay couples but no gay adoptions. (Jan 2007)
-Death penalty is necessary part of criminal justice system. (Sep 2007)
-Drug education fails; drug punishment works. (Jun 2007)
-Impeach judges for barring legislature prayers to Jesus. (Sep 2007)
-Wal-Mart is case study in genius of American marketplace. (Jan 2007)
-To reduce spending, get rid of IRS & revamp DHS. (Nov 2007)
-Energy independence: let Saudis keep their oil & their sand. (Nov 2007)
-Kyoto was a mistake, but "Earth in the Balance" is not. (Jan 2007)
-Follow Boy Scout rule: leave earth better than we found it. (May 2007)
-Change tone of Bush's arrogant bunker mentality. (Jan 2008)
-Demand accountability from Pakistan for our $10B. (Nov 2007)
-It's not OK in Pakistan; bin Laden is hiding there. (Oct 2007)

I guess that flies with the evangelical right of Iowans. A little scary to me though. Bush has similar stances, which makes the Iowa results even more scary!! In the spirit of taking responsibility for my beliefs, I highlighted those stances that I actually agree with. The Wal-Mart one could be taken out of context. I'm not saying Wal-Mart is GOOD for our economy or our marketplace, only that it was a very smart plan that was well executed.

In my previous posting I forgot one resolution:

-I resolve to stop making contributions to my church for the rest of the year if at any point a new case of pedophilia comes to light. I'm just tired of this shit and have been for some time. It's time to start castrating priests if they don't have any self control.

Sorry about the less light hearted entry today. Just some things getting under my skin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, that is a well thought out and presented evaluation of Mr. bin La-uckabee, and I appreciated.

I think I could get on the bandwagon for castration of priests too. Sort of fits my born again Aztec leanings :)

stef said...

My gracious. Did something happen recently in the church to bring that up? Surely not your local?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nope, nothing new Stef, though I think in December there was a priest in trouble again some where. The whole topic just ticks me off.