Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lonnnnngggggg Day

Sooo tired. You crazy ass people who get up before 7 every day are absolutely insane. Sure, I don't go to bed before midnight most nights and go to the gym a few days a week and play softball tournaments on the weekend most of the time in the summer, but still, I just can't get up before 7 a.m. anymore. I used to be into work by 8, pretty much everyday for a decade. That would involve getting up at 6:30 pretty religiously. Now though, even 7 is tough. Then again, I didn't play much softball while working and was usually in bed by 11.

Ok, now I'm rambling. Time for bed.

First though, I had three meals today...real meals. I feel bloated. It started with a 7:30 breakfast meeting at the White Hall Hotel and consisted of French toast with pears. The pieces of toast were huge and I maybe got through 1 1/2 of the 3. The rest had to be tossed, despite how good it was and because lunch was not far away. Lunch was at Red Light on Randolph. Great food. I had a lighter, red fish dish, sort of like snapper supposedly. Pretty tasty. The big hit was the side dish of green beans that we got for the six of us. It was absolutely outstanding. The wait staff will remind you to order them if you forget, which is a good thing because they are not to be missed. Dinner was at a Frenchy place in the Hotel Soffitel called Cafe des Architects. It was a little odd and maybe not the best place to bring three people from Iowa, but wealthier, presentation oriented foodies would probably love it. I almost assuredly will not go back, but the Red Light is already on my list to hit again!!!

Cold weather is coming folks! Be prepared.

3 comments:

alexis said...

well, eating out for work is not always a sure hit. Iowa folks will at least have something to talk about now

stef said...

Darn it, I should have just told you to go to Rosebud.

Anonymous said...

Red Light is a great place and the green beans are wonderful. So are the desserts.