Sunday, January 20, 2008

Football cures all ills.

Feeling much better today thank you! Yesterday was just a weird quasi-bug of some sort that knocked me out for a few hours instead of a few days. Lots of sleep (10+ hours Saturday night) and not much food (no appetite) apparently was the cure. Today I woke up ready and raring to go, but MWrigley wasn't as easily swayed. She has a busy week at work and wanted nothing to do with getting sick, so I got to see her for about half the day, but no smooching or nuthin'. Boo for me. :-(

No worries though, we hung out and watched football (she mostly read the paper) and then we had some Greek carry out food. Not terrible actually.

Hopefully you're not depressed today. According to Time, and several other sources, Monday is the most depressing day of the year. If you feel bad, think about what Packer fans feel like.

A few weeks ago, I helped out a young woman I used to work with in making some financial decisions in an effort to pay off some debt, refinance and make some other financial decisions. She took my advice, has given me progress reports and is making great strides. Friday she sent me this card:






Inside was a very nice note and two Black Hawks tickets! Very excited about going to the game.

2 comments:

alexis said...

sounds like you came down with a bad case of "boy coodies". Hence why MWrigley would not kiss you.

Anonymous said...

It was so close. If only the Packers had won, both of the teams I was rooting for would have lost and I would have had no reason to endure the inanity of the Super Bowl hype. But because the Giants couldn't figure out a way to lose, now I'm going to have to watch.

As far as the comment on the card is concerned, all I can say is this girl must have never been in a car with you driving.