Friday, November 28, 2008

"You Towhead!!!"

Sister Bee used the word Towhead yesterday in reference to two of The Bobbsey Twins. Have to admit, I'd never heard the term before and if my sister were to call me towhead (pronounced "toe-head"), I would have been offended. No need it seems. Interesting derivation of the word though!!

While up in Wisconsin at Chateau Lanissimo a few weekends ago, we tossed some wine bottles into the fire pit we had going. Why? Mostly because the person doing it was drunk (MLM). The next three we tossed in were science experiments however. The bottles melted. Yes, melted. I'm not sure if I've done that before, but the next morning I checked out the carnage. There was no trace of one bottle. Another bottle still had part of the next left, but otherwise was melted into a puddle and melded with the coals. The other bottle was just a solid puddle. According to what I could find on the web, that means the fire was most likely around 1,475 degrees. Yowza!!!

While in Naperville for Turkey Day, I filled up my car for $1.73 a gallon. Sweet. I'm not even sure when gas was that low.....seems like many, many years ago. After some quick research for Midwest retail gas prices, it looks like April of 2004 was the last time prices were that low. Four and half years ago. Wow.

I apologize to you, me and the blogging Gods for missing my "grateful" entries yesterday. It will become a habit, but late at night I'm not my best when writing.

Things I'm grateful for:
4. That I can get together with my parents and siblings for holidays or for no reason at all.
5. That I can still play football, QB no less, and still get it done.
6. That I don't need to drink to enjoy my relatives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh - if only #6 applied to your partners as well :(

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Do you mean I don't need to drink to see you or that you need to drink to see your relatives??