Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Trip to Dick's

In addition to all the exploits of the weekend as documented yesterday (in a rare second post if you missed it), I also had a trip to Dick's Sporting Goods. Now, I didn't NEED anything, but I had all of these discount coupons that they've sent me and $20 off coupons and extra "points" for buying something....so I felt like I HAD to go in. I walked out with a fitted Tigers hat (worn old school look), two golf shirts (definitely needed), two long sleeve casual pullovers and two solid tailgating chairs (at least two of my four current chairs are ripped now) all for $100 including tax! Pretty sweet. Regular price was closer to $150-$160.

Back in Chicago, we've had a great change in the weather: away from humidity and really warm to low humidity and low 70's upper 60's. Very, very nice. Tear open the shutters and throw up the sash! Of course, I wouldn't mind if summer went on for a little while longer, but as long as it's not winter, I'm all good.

Further progress on the bathroom the last few days! The entire room is ensconced in drywall and such. Very happy moment for me. Pictures to follow. Thursday or Friday tiling might actually begin!!

2 comments:

stef said...

I was all excited about the weather change until this morning- when I had to put on a coat.

Anonymous said...

Just waiting for that shorter trip to the bathroom.