Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Mid-Morning entry special!

This mid-morning entry is sort of like getting hashbrowns free with your omelet.

So I didn't write about my trip home yesterday, but I should have. While listening to the Cubs game (we lost), I switched over to the news station to get the traffic report. It was all clear on all major highways and toll roads except for three spots that lay exactly in my path. Two of them I couldn't avoid: a six mile backup on 94 and another 3 mile backup on 94 both in southern Michigan. The third one I narrowly avoided by taking the skyway. Ugh.

Then I came home to this pleasantness:



What good fun huh? In the kitchen, drywall everywhere, water accumulating....ugh. My upstairs neighbor believes he can save money by doing his own plumbing. Unfortunately he sucks at it and this is the second repair he has to pay for. Working with plumbing is SOOOO exact. You can't just half-ass it!!









You can see the water ran down the inside of the wall too. Fortunately below this wall is the boiler room otherwise I'm sure I would have had damage downstairs too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh!! How horrible. I would have been pretty upset. Tell him to stick to his day, because plumbing is obviously NOT in his forte.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Is that his "Matt Forte"??

Anonymous said...

whacka, whacka, whacka!

alexis said...

at least he doesn't give you grief to cover the costs of the repairs, that'd be insult to injury.

Anonymous said...

Time for you to buy the building and rent it ONLY to tenants who pass some kind of intelligence test.

stef said...

Booo! That suks. but to have it be the second time? I really can't talk considering my husband and his father have "fixed" the upstairs toilet 3 times since we moved in. But then, the only people suffering from water damage is us.