Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day on the golf course

Another gorgeous day here in Chicago and it was a wonderful opportunity to play golf anywhere, much less the prestigious Medinah Country Club. Currently there's a two year waiting period to become a member where you get to pay $90,000 a year in dues and I think you have to pay for things like golf, caddies and food on top of that. Yowza. Here are the pictures!




My first shot of the clubhouse. The turret on the right didn't show up on the picture below. I think it's pretty cool though.










Much better picture of the clubhouse.














Taken out my windshield as I drove up the long driveway in the morning.












Another shot out the windshield of the very wooded course.













The foursome: me (in red), Jay(a potential future client and very nice guy), Andrew (the banker and inviter) and Ralph (the Medinah member).











It's not just woods, it's also a huge river and many bridges.












A typical hole.














It looks like a relatively wide fairway doesn't it? They seem small when you're hitting at them.










See?? This fairway looks wide! It's not.












This is a par 3, 245 yards from this spot which is where the pros play it from. Apparently Tiger used a 4-iron. I used a 3-Wood and just made it over the water, though I didn't hit it flush.

The tees we then played from were at about 195 yards. Still tough. I hit through the green with a 3 iron. Damnit. I shot a 97 with 39 putts...ugh. Not a good score, but I actually hit the ball fairly well. It's just a tough course. I didn't lose a single ball or have a single penalty assessed. How about that!?!

3 comments:

alexis said...

they are beautiful aren't they!

stef said...

We've been having a wonderful week that's for sure! Looks like a pretty place.

Anonymous said...

Great pics.! I'm glad you had the opportunity to golf there. Long overdue. Good times!!