Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday night is date night

At least for most people it is. For Joe, it's sort of the same, but without a date. After having a very productive work day, I decided to....shop for a new toilet. Isn't that what everyone does on Friday during happy hour?

After being crippled by information at my local Home Depot, I decided I needed to treat myself to a nice dinner. So I stopped at Whole Paycheck and picked up a bison steak and a side of barley, mushrooms and squash all mixed up. It was pretty tasty. The bison was good too and just 3/4 of a pound was too much for me to finish.

While there, I also picked up a bottle of wine made by the makers of my favorite wine Donausonne, 06, Blaufrankisch, Hungary, Blaufrankisch though this one was a 2007, not 2006. It wasn't quite as sweet, so maybe my business partners might actually find it acceptable. Plus it's only $8!!

And what great dinner-date would be complete without a movie? So I rented The Bank Job which was based partially on a true story and was pretty good I must say.

So how was my date with myself? Well, the conversation wasn't all that great (I'm not a big talker). I did pay for dinner, so that's a plus in my favor. Heck, I even bought the wine! No kiss or sign of affection at the end of the night though, so with missing on two out of three, I might not call myself back. I seem nice and all, but the spark just isn't there. :-)

5 comments:

Ken said...

Did you have candles and soft music playing?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nah, that's too cheesey...they never go for it on a first date.

Anonymous said...

Based on driving around with you, I suspected that you talked to yourself all the time.

Desiree said...

I actually thought this was a sweet post! Sometimes it's nice to spend an evening alone at home with a nice dinner you made, away from the crazy fous.

Anonymous said...

That's a classic post!