Sunday, September 07, 2008

Suck it Manning!!

Ohhhhh, you know it was coming!!! BEARS!!!! What a win! Matt Forte looked solid, the offense line performed very well against one of the tougher defenses in football and Kyle Orton managed the game pretty darn well. In the first half we had at least 3 terrible calls go against us and we STILL won. Freakin' phenominal. I was going apeshit at Haray Caray's bar up in Wrigleyville.

There are STILL Bear detractors however. I'm not sure what else you need to believe that this team is actually IMPROVED over last year AND they have easier schedule. They went 7-9 last year and I'd be surprised if they were any worse than that. In fact, Jacksonville lost in Tennessee today which makes me think they aren't as good as I was giving them credit for.

One of the people I was with, Andy "The Sausage King", had a dream the night before that he was sitting in a bar (no great stretch) watching the game and the Bears took a 10-6 lead. He told his girlfriend about the vision during the day on Sunday. Then, with the Bears winning 7-6, they lined up for and made a field goal to make it 10-6. I wonder what the odds are of any game in particular having a 10-6 score at some point? Not very good I would imagine and even worse for the Bears against the Colts.

I'm too jacked up to write about anything else, so tomorrow I'll post the second edition of my trip to London. Also, I edited the last one so you can actually read it. For some reason Blogspot was cutting off the sentences.

Go Bears!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute - I believe you were the one raggin' on all the bad moves the Bears made over the off-season.

BTW on behalf of Tim de Buffalo - Go Bills!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh I was ragging on the Bears about their (lack of) offseason moves. I wasn't ragging nearly as much as my friends though who thought the Bears would be lucky to win 4-5 games this year. I originally had them at 9-7 after the schedule came out and had since revised it to a one game swing from 8-8 (so 7-9, or 9-7).

stef said...

gasp! no post this morning?/last night?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Blogspot isn't working well for me today Stef! I tried to cut and paste a post, but it's not working. I'll keep at it. Check back later!