Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back in Chicago...

....which means of course, that we lost our second game of the tournament. We started off the day winning our first game this morning 4-3, coming back from a 3-0 deficit and 3-2 in the seventh inning to win in our last at bat. That win earned us an hour off before our second game at 11:30. By then it was really warm and very humid. The ball we use was going absolutely no where when you hit it, sort of like hitting a rolled up bath towel. I'm not going to go into the physics, but trust me on this one, the warm weather made it worse.

Anyway, we lost our second game of the morning 4-0! Yes, we were shut out. How shitty is that? That team went on to win their next game 6-1, so it wasn't just us. We ended up 3-2, one game better than last year.

More stats and pictures to come tomorrow, after the Bears game. The coach told me I led the team in hitting. That's pretty cool, especially for an old dude. Almost as good for me is that I only had one bad at bat out of 12. I either got on base or hit the ball hard pretty much every time. Practice pays off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the team had an improved outing and that you had such a good tournament.

If your team owner was smart, he'd trade you now for some young talent before your aged body blows a fuse :)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sadly, you're right!

Found out that one player at a "lesser" Major team, the highest rated teams, was offered a contract from a higher rated Major team. The contract was for $15,000 a year on top of paid travel expenses. Wow. Apparently the better players on the "good" Major teams make about $50k a year just from softball.

Desiree said...

But, but... we clinched, and not a peep from you about that???

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sorry Des, guess it was just anti-climatic for me, what with being out of town and all. Glad we got it done though! Now we need to get on a roll before the playoffs!!

Desiree said...

I hear ya -- I felt the same way not so because I was out of town but because we expected it. And is not in any way meant to sound cocky and over-confident.