Thursday, September 13, 2007

Too much baggage?

Have to write this in Word and copy it over to my blog because the wifi connection down here in Orlando logs you out after about 30 seconds on the same page. Ugh. Funny how you can take those little things for granted.

Baggage. As I walked through the airport with way too much baggage, I thought to myself, is this a not-all-that subtle metaphor for my dating life? Do I have too much baggage? We all have baggage of some kind right? At some point though, it’s overwhelming. If it makes you bitter or closed to new opportunities, that’s at least a large carry-on in the baggage department. Kids can be considered baggage, if you’re dating at least. Guess they would have to fall into that oversized carry-on category too. I thought maybe they would be bags that were checked, but they require ongoing maintenance, not something you just give to someone and forget.

Past marriages should be checked baggage, right? Unless you’re bitter about it of course. Same with past long-term relationships. Checked baggage should be out of sight and out of mind. It’s those damn carry-ons that can bring a relationship down.

It’s hot and humid here. We had practice this morning and are heading down to the pool now before we grab some lunch. Then a little nap and game time at 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God I wish I had taken a picture of you with all those bags!

Must have been some flight to leave you so philosophic!

Good luck tonight.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Joe's team.