Monday, September 10, 2007

On to less controversial topics......

Ok, so dating topics seem to rile everyone's feathers (as defined by more comments for any topic in some time), so let's move on to some less controversial topics (plus I don't have anything to add).

What little thing in your house right now bothers you? You know what I'm talking about: that pile of papers that you need to go through, those paintings you want to hang, that light bulb that needs to be changed, that loose screw, that squeaky hinge, that stuff under your bed that needs to be put away or into storage, maybe your Brita filter needs to be changed. Well here you go. Stop reading. Right now. Stop reading and go fix/change just one of those things. I'll wait for you to get back................if you actually did something, you'd feel at least a little better!! You're welcome.

Friday, at the German Fest (not sure if they actually called it Oktoberfest or not), two people from my past emerged. The first was a woman who used to work for me at Morningstar and she was a bit of a slacker and not all that pleasant to work with. She worked there probably 10 years ago now, so I didn't feel the need to run over and say hi (couldn't remember her name anyway though I'm convinced it starts with a "J"). Plus, with my new goatee, I feel like I can turn invisible to people from my past.....sort of Secret Squirrelish!!

The other person was my RA (Resident Advisor) from my freshman year in college about 23 years ago (is that right....holy shit). I even remembered that his name is Kirk Markus. How crazy is that? Most of the time I can't remember what I did last week and I remember this guy's name from 23 years ago. Probably about 10 years ago or so I ran into him on my way to my martial arts classes and found out he lives in the neighborhood of the German fest. This time he was about 50 yards away and outside of the festival grounds.

Time to finish packing for my trip now. Thanks for all the well wishes folks. Oh, almost forgot to mention that my Pops is going into the doctor tomorrow (Wednesday) for cataract surgery. My mother had a similar procedure done last year and she sees great now. Hopefully my Pops will have a similar result.

4 comments:

alexis said...

good luck on the tournament!

And thanks for the wishes for getting things done, but I have to wait for the bastards that run my rental to do it - it's been 6 weeks!

Ken said...

I Just tried to install my 10ft bay window by myself and now its in 100 pieces !! :) Good luck in the tourny!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Kenny, you crack me up. Get it? Crack? Ha!!

stef said...

whew. I don't check in for a day and look what happens! So glad your Mom is well. Will keep fingers crossed for Pops too.