Monday, September 17, 2007

Just another manic Sunday......er, and Monday too.

After getting in late on Saturday night and doing some laundry (boy did some of my uniform t-shirts stink!), Sunday morning came around quickly. It was off to the store for tailgating accoutrements and then loading up the car before my buddy (and client) arrived at 11:30 for the 3:15 game.

Normally, with the weather in the 60's or low 70's, I'd be all about making chili ahead of time as well as various appetizers wrapped in bacon. No time for such extravagances though, so it was down to butterfly pork chop sandwiches in barbecue sauce, guacamole and chips, breast of chicken bites (both honey glazed as well as spicy) and then some burgers and sausages brought by my guest. It wasn't bad, but not a top 10 tailgate.

Unfortunately for me, my buddy brought a bunch of beer (like cases!!) which I seemed to think was a challenge of some sort and proceeded to imbibe way to much. Actually before the game I was fine, but during the game the additional beer bought for me by my buddy pushed me over the edge. Then, after the game, we joined the Boyz from the row in front of me at their tailgate. THAT was the final straw.

Needless to say, today was less than productive, even though I had much work to do. It's going to be a busy Tuesday. Oh and my pulled calf muscle hasn't started to get better yet. I'm not real jacked about that, but it did keep me out of softball tonight and might on Wednesday as well.

3 comments:

stef said...

Is tailgating a purely football exercise? I have never experienced it.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ooooooh stef!! Nope, I've tailgated for games at Comiskey too (baseball). Football is the most popular though for some reason. Of course it's Winter during hockey and basketball season, though a good portion of football is Winter too.

alexis said...

I have tailgated with friends at college football games, that was fun, but due to the season, bitter cold.