Thursday, September 27, 2007

Still busy, but a slightly more interesting post

Sorry for all the erratic postings folks. With el supremo in town and some client work requiring me to be out of the house, my postings are not as interesting (to me at least) as I would like. This weekend I head down to Indy for a 35 and over softball tournament and the following weekend I hit Owensboro Kentucky for a Super World Series tournament. That one is the same tournament that was played in Vegas last year. I guess the rotate it between the two locations. So Owensboro is the Vegas of the East apparently.

The last week or so has seen me drinking socially just about every night....a little exhausting even for me. Additionally, I'm feeling a little plump because of it, so later today I'm hitting the gym and testing my strained calf muscle on the treadmill. My calf was hurt down in Orlando and I've passed on softball since then to give it time to heal for Indy. It was doing well until this morning while I was laying in bed and stretched out after my slumber. The calf locked up pretty tight and then started spasming. It settled down and doesn't hurt now, but I'm not sure what's going to happen the first time I race down the first base line. We'll see I guess.

So I'm heading to Indy on Friday and I don't have a roommate! A nice king sized bed in the adults only section of the hotel (there's some water park attached to it) and no one to share it with. Sigh. It's not my regular team of softball folks, otherwise I'd have had two beds and a roomy. No worries though.

The Romanian girl with whom I had a date a few weeks ago and who was the subject of one blog topic which riled some readers, has closed me out on eHarmony. My schedule just got hectic at the wrong time for her (Orlando and work), so that's unfortunate. This happens regularly, but since she made my blog, and commented once!, I thought it worth mentioning. The topic was women calling the next day after a date just to say thank you for the night before. Since then, I have had more than one date who HAS called the next day to thank me. On top of that, several male friends and business associates have done the same thing after a night on the town. See, that's how civilized, functioning members of society should act and there are still a mess of women taken on dates who need to learn that. Ok, no more ranting about this topic. Sorry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, Joe . . . I know it's a bit late and we split the check anyway, but I wanted to publicly thank you for the dinner and drinks we shared at Houndstooth -- I believe it was last month. It was a very enjoyable time and I enjoyed the company. (The waitress's, that is.)

We should do it again some time. Have you been to Brody's where the Twisted Spoke used to be? I went in there last night and people seemed nice.

Anyway, good luck in the tourney. If you want to ask me to the sock hop, let me know. I'll be waiting by the phone. ;-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I would have bet $1,000 that you were going to come up with some smart-ass comment dejesus! You bastard.

Just saw that TS became Brody's. Haven't been in, but we should definitely go.....provided Lyndsey isn't working at Houndstooth....grrrrr.

Ken said...

Maybe you guys should have pinch runners in the 35 and older league?? ;-) Good Luck Buddy!

alexis said...

I too have noticed that alcohol does unfortunately seem to have caloric content. Combined with irritated knee that makes for bloat city.

What if I just send a text message or email? Are those less acceptable so I need to send perhaps two messages to equal 1 email?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That would be fine alexis! SOME form of communication (other than a mailed letter I think) would be just fine.