Friday, September 28, 2007

Hello from Indy!!

Yep, I am here in Indy with the latest update. Actually, not too much happened today as I had two banker meetings with a client today and then left around 4 to come down here. It's about a three hour drive, but it took a little longer due to rush hour traffic around Chicago.

Last night, T-Rex Tim, I and a new character to my blog, Ms. Wrigley (henceforth just MWrigley) went to a wine and pizza fund raiser put on by an organization called Reach Out. This group picks a charity every year and holds fund raisers for them. Last year, they benefitted Family Rescue, a charity I support. This year it's the Chicago Battered Women's Network. In addition to advocacy type things, they support a phone line to which battered women all over Illinois can call and they will find them appropriate housing. Good stuff.

In addition to the fine, fine company provided by my guests, we had another lucky table incident!! There were maybe 50+ people there and my table of three (really just T-Rex Tim and I) won three times! The guy right behind me won twice as well. Very lucky area. My raffle winnings included a gift certificate to Ben Pao and a really nice bottle of Booker Bourbon. T-Rex won an Amazon gift certificate. I also bid on and won another dinner certificate at the silent auction as well as a spa certificate! MWrigley and I were also given baseball hats with a whiskey logo on them. Cool.

So this morning came early and I had to be downtown by 9:00 a.m. Yeah I know, boo-freakin'-hoo right? Well, I'm not used to having to be anywhere that early, but it's been a long week with a lot of drinking, long evenings and early mornings, so it was kind of tiring for me. Anyway, I didn't actually have to be there until 9:30, but that's when the banker was going to show up so I got there at 9, fortunately for me as she showed up 35 minutes early!!

Anyway, it's been a while since I have ridden the bus and I had forgotten how glum the riders look in the morning. That's the best word I could think of: glum. It's probably a combination of work, the morning and it being Friday. I don't know. It doesn't seem like train riders have the same look.

Have a great weekend all!!

No comments: