Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's a nice life.

Yesterday was a classic example of one of the reasons why I like my life. After getting up relatively early, I phoned one of my clients from home. In order to reach this particular client, calling before the day starts is very important, lest he get sucked into the problems of the day. Following our successful conversation, I headed into the office to see Ricardo and T-Rex Tim. Just about 12:30, one of my clients called to see if I wanted to go to the 1:20 Cubs game. Actually, it was one client going with the client I had called just that morning! I told the client that I was supposed to do work on his account, but he told me to blow it off and come out. How could I say no?

We saw an offense filled 13-7 win by the Cubs and went to Goose Island's outdoor patio for a few beverages afterward. One of my softball buddies, JC, joined me on the patio and then we headed off to Bernie's to meet some friends of his and his girlfriend. A few drinks later and I stumbled home to sober up.

Though I rented a movie, The number 23 with Jim Carrey, I decided not to watch it and instead watched some shows I had Tivoed.

Yesterday, I received an email from the Red Cross. I had mentioned that I was separating from them because the national office decided that only board members could be on the finance committee. They wanted me to stay on and head up the investment subcommittee, but I told them that wasn't acceptable as I couldn't allocate investment dollars without fully understanding what the goals, objectives and needs of the chapter were on an ongoing basis. So even after the CFO took me to lunch to persuade me to stay on, I said that I couldn't unless I was allowed to sit in on the finance committee meetings as well. In the email they sent yesterday, they changed the rules so that non-voting committee members can sit in on meetings. Yay for me!

I have to tell you, I LOVE that my house is clean!!

1 comment:

alexis said...

wow, that sounds like a great day! Good karma joe, good karma.