Thursday, September 06, 2007

Joe the Taco

If you were a taco, what kind of taco would you be? Last night, after my fantasy football draft and writing my blog entry, I tried to sleep in my newly painted (and not completed) bedroom. The paint we used was suppose to not smell as bad as regular paint and it probably didn't, but it smelled enough to make me think about it. Mix that in with my mom, a past relationship issue that popped up as well and my fantasy football draft, and the sleep thing just wasn't happening. So I took my comforter and headed downstairs to the sofa. My comforter is big enough so I could lay on it AND have it wrap around me as well: sort of like a soft taco shell!! Joe the Taco. Actually it worked out really well and I fell asleep pretty quickly.

Here's a picture of the draft board from my fantasy football draft. Twelve of us got together in my office, ordered pizza, drank beer and talk football while making fun of each other's picks for 2 1/2 hours. It's normally one of the best days of my year, but my mother's procedure weighed on my mind more than just a bit.




The color coded stickers indicate the different positions that are chosen. We used a one minute timer on my computer this year and the alarm sound was the Chumba-Wumba "I get knocked down" song (Tub-Thumping I think?). Pretty much everyone hated the song by the end of the draft. Ha!!




They finally updated the softball website from the tournament. Unfortunately the picture isn't too good, but I'm fourth from the left standing up.

What's everyone's thoughts on wearing white after Labor Day? I was going to do it today and that thought popped into my head. Then, down at Starbucks, a woman with a white dress was in line ahead of me and she had a similar conversation with a female barista. They determined that it didn't matter anymore. She was very attractive and seemed to have her stuff together, so I thought I was onto something. Then I see her riding off on her bike, ala the old lady in the Wizard of Oz. Then I wasn't so sure!!

How about this: several people wrote me checks for the fantasy football league and I had some other checks to deposit. Here's a list of them: 68.27, 140, 140, 130, 140 and 615.73. Guess what those checks add up to? $1234 how cool is that?! What are the odds?!

5 comments:

alexis said...

what are the odds, in a betting pool! Hahah, get it?

Ken said...

I thought my headache could NOT get any worse until I looked at your draft chart!

Anonymous said...

What kind of taco would I be, hmmmmm, probably some sort of green chile megalomaniac taco, I think. Whereas the Joe the Taco would definitely be filled with Nuts (alcohol soaked of course).

stef said...

Chicks on bicycles are way cool!Especially in a dress, very european you know. Alexis does it all the time.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Terrible pun Alexis. I set myself up though.

Picture was a bit fuzzy huh Ken. Sorry boss!

A shot across the bow from el supremo! Very much unwarranted!!

Chicks on bikes IN EUROPE I'm sure is very cool stef. Here, present company excluded I'm sure, not so much.