Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Status update

Normally I wouldn't make an entry JUST about an update to my health, but today I am because 1) there's news to update you on and 2) it's late and I'm tired.

This morning started off much the same way the last 10 have started: lots of pain. There's really no reason to expound upon it as it really was the same type of pain and in the same places. This afternoon however, much of the pain had dissipated. Now, it wasn't gone, but much more tolerable. My left arm was still pretty weak, but at least it didn't hurt a ton as well.

That was fortunate because I had a meeting downtown with a client towards the end of the day and was NOT looking forward to wincing and rubbing my arm every ten seconds. After the meeting, I went to the chiropractor to see if he could help speed up the recovery. While I'm not sure if he can, I'm willing to give anything a try. One thing he told me was to switch back to ice instead of heat at this point. He said the heat would feel better initially, but that I would only inflame the area after the heat treatment was done, making it feel worse. Tonight instead of using heat, I used ice and it did seem to feel pretty good. We'll see how it goes from here. Maybe in the morning I'll still use heat to get out of bed and then follow it up with ice.

So I'm doing a bit better, but my left tricep is still weak and actually has been spasming (which doesn't seem to be a word but it should be). Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery!

2 comments:

terri said...

10 days of this stuff! Ugh! You're due for some relief and soon. Glad to hear the ice is helping.

alexis said...

Sorry you are still in discomfort. Pain sucks.