Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Back at it

Today I decided it was time to get back to running. Yes, my arm and upper back still ache and my pinched nerve is still pinching, but it's been almost 4 weeks since I was at the gym. While my desire was there, I knew I wouldn't be up to speed (pun intended) right away...and I wasn't. As it turned out, I was able to run about 2/3rds of my usual run before calling it. Still, 2 miles isn't bad right? We'll see how the pinched nerve is tomorrow. Oh, I also decided to take a break from the ibuprofen for a day at least. It can't possibly be good to take ibuprofen for a month straight, even at recommended doses.

My chiropractor thinks I strained my pectoral muscle a bit this past weekend as my body compensated for the weak left arm and my scapula muscle. Crap. It was a risk, but our next tournament isn't for a month, so I have time to rest. Just don't tell LL....no complaining!!

It wasn't all bad at the chiropractor though. He said my upper back was actually loosening up a bit and I felt the adjustment working on the vertebrae. If the muscles aren't in spasm or aren't tight, then the vertebrae can be adjusted more easily. So that's positive!

The other news today is that I'm going to go back to my regular pillows tonight and see how I sleep and how I feel in the morning. Chalk it up to experimentation.....

2 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Don't get over ambitious!

terri said...

4 weeks away from the gym after you'd really gotten into a good routine... That had to be killing you!

Glad to hear you were able to starting getting back into it. Hopefully the rest of your healing will happen quickly now.