Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Don't you hate when that happens?

Today I was able to see my orthopedic doctor finally. You know that old cliche about how you always start to feel better JUST when it's time for your doctor's appointment? And then you feel stupid because you're feeling better, even though you were miserable the day before? Well, that was sort of me today. When I got to the parking lot of the office, I got out of the car and had yet another bout of pain on the way into the office. Serious, stop for a few seconds, pain. Not good. Then it was a wait in the external waiting area (I was early) and then a wait in an office. During the wait in the office, almost all of the pain just disappeared. I was sooooo pissed. Ok, where exactly was the pain that I had just 30 minutes ago?? Damnit!!

Fortunately after 4 days of God awful pain, I could describe it pretty well. He believes it's further irritation of the pinched nerve in my neck which could cause a muscle to spasm. Or I severely strained a muscle in the area, but either way the treatment is relatively the same: rest and medicine. The medicine is a 6 day pack of steroids. Hopefully I don't have to take any performance enhancing drug tests in the near future. He also wants me to go back to physical therapy to get some work done on the area.

The doc said if it's still a problem in 4 weeks, we'll get an MRI. I told him if it's a problem in two weeks, I'll be camped outside his door....at home. Actually, I'm not even sure I could make it another week with this pain much less 2 or 4.

2 comments:

Joisey Ken said...

ITS TOO BAD YOU CANT GET SOME HGH !!

alexis said...

I hadn't ever though of that as a phenomenon but it's so true! Anyways, any relief is good I suppose?