Sunday, March 04, 2012

In such pain!

Friday I hit the gym for my normal weightlifting routine and everything went just fine. Unfortunately, when I woke up Saturday morning, one of those muscles around my scapula in my upper back on my left side was strained. It could have been how I slept that caused the problem as LL said I slept on my left side a lot that night, which is somewhat abnormal for me. The pain, even while taking ibuprofen is pretty intense. It's hard to even sit here at my computer and type. Ugh.

Did it help that I went to play a doubleheader in the dome on Saturday night? Probably not. It didn't impact me too much the first game as I went 4-4 to extend my season average to 10-10. The second game though I went 0-3, though I hit the ball hard the last two at bats, just at people. This morning when I wok up the pain was debilitating.

What made everything worse is that we had house guests for the weekend and I really couldn't hang with them as much as I wanted. Our guests were Elle and Molly from Ann Arbor, friends of LL's for some time who came down to PR for the wedding.

Friday we went out for fish and chips at a local Irish bar, Emmit's, where they filmed one of the opening scenes to Ocean's Eleven. In fact, we sat in the booth in which Clooney recruited Damon. Their fish is actually very good, at least compared to other pubs in the city.

Ok, the back is killing me. Time to stop. Hopefully I'm better tomorrow!

4 comments:

terri said...

Sorry to hear you're hurting. It sucks when you're trying to do something healthy for yourself and you end up in pain because of it. (Speaking from experience here. I tried a couple new fitness classes at the gym this weekend and found muscles I didn't know I had.)

alexis said...

was it an option to skip the baseball games? You have to listen to your body sometimes and give it a chance to heal.

el supremo de nm said...

Gloria had something similar happen in January and it was really debilitating. I know you're trying to keep the hands of time from moving forward, but keep in mind that you are older and that you need to moderate your working out accordingly.

There's been a lot written on how aging baby boomers with their desire to not age push themselves into injury.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I could have skipped the games Alexis, but it didn't really seem to aggravate my back at all while I was out there.....just in the morning when I woke up!