Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hawks vs. Rangers

Last night we headed to our second hockey game of the year. It was an original six matchup between the Blackhawks and the Rangers. Both teams are most likely headed for the playoffs, though the Rangers are a little more secure than the Hawks.

But the night wasn't JUST about the game. First, it was a bobblehead night, which means they were giving away a bobblehead of one of the players and last night it was Dave Bolland. Already on display by LL's desk are Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp bobbleheads, so this was going to make a nice addition. The doors opened at 6, so we decided to hit a bar in LL's old neighborhood and not too far from the stadium called The Beer Bistro. They have great burgers, but it was a Friday in Lent, so no meat for me. I dropped LL off and went to find parking. While I found a free spot, she got a table, no small feat at 5 on a Friday with a home hockey game. We were off and running.

When the food came, I had fish tacos, I asked for the check. We ate, paid, and took off, arriving at the stadium with 4 minutes to spare, guaranteeing our additions to our bobblehead collection.

As the game was winding down, the Hawks scored an empty net goal with about a minute left to go up 4-2 and LL and I headed out while most people were cheering. Though the Rangers scored 12 seconds later to make it 4-3, the Hawks held on to win. Meanwhile, LL and I zoomed out of the parking lot which trapped us for 20 minutes after our first game and were home and inside in 20 minutes.

Normally leaving a game early is a no-no for me, but my back muscle was starting to hurt again and I wasn't looking forward to waiting for traffic. The whole night went pretty smoothly though and it was a fun night out.

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

I was going to ask how your back survived the game but no there it was right at the end of the post.