Thursday, March 08, 2012

A little Central America and good ol'USA!

Well, my crazy painful muscle strain pain still exists to some degree, but has also moved to my shoulder, where the pain from my pinched nerve normally manifests itself. That's not fun. For stretches of the day though, the pain if very manageable, so that has to be good right? It doesn't seem like the steroids have really done anything, but who knows.

Part of the solution for my pain involves physical therapy, so I'm going to have to get that set up so I can start next week. The therapy is more like massages and some stretching of the top of my spine, so really no reason to avoid going!

On a more positive note, after my doctor visit yesterday, I took my doctor's recommendation and hit a restaurant near his office (about half way home for LL) called Maya del Sol. It's in Oak Park and it's really good. I mean REALLY good. As you might expect, it's Central American food (not just Mexican) and the combinations are really interesting and tasty. They also have a Kobe beef burger on the menu (which my doctor recommended). In the summer, they have an outdoor area that's supposed to be pretty awesome, so I can see us heading out there for dinner some time and hooking up with some friends that live out that way. An unexpected benefit of visiting the doctor.

After the doctor's visit and before dinner, LL pushed me (via the phone) to get the prescription filled asap. My medical info is kept at Osco, so I used my phone to find the nearest one. Turns out it was right down the street. But which way and how far? Hmmm, cut to Joe looking around the parking lot for the nearest exit and getting his bearings. Oh, there it is right there. Yep, just across the street from the parking lot. Ha! Very easy to head over there, drop of the script, do some grocery shopping, get the medicine and out I go!! Couldn't be easier. I love this country some times!!

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Glad to see you continuing to experiment with Central American cuisine.

Now remember this pain incident when you decide to start working out again and think you're going to out perform your former 20's year old self. You are not getting younger. The

alexis said...

the food sounds good, relief from pain sounds better!