Monday, March 12, 2012

A look into reality TV

Today I went to my storage facility where we rent a modest little 5'x10' space for seasonal items and extra stuff. However the reason for my visit wasn't to pick up or drop off. Instead, they were having an auction of some units that hadn't been paying their rent. There are at least two shows that I watch about just this type of activity. The buyers on the shows all have resale shops of some kind, or at least most of them do, and this is how they get some of their inventory. The units are just auctioned off one at a time after you get to look at them from the hall (you can't go inside) and it's just an open cry system. Pretty fun!! Unfortunately for me today, there was only one unit up for auction and it looked pretty awful. It was a 5'x5' with some bags of things on the floor and a purse on top. The locker ended up going for $45, but even that seemed excessive to me. There were about 20 people there, which seemed like a lot for a Monday at noon. Still, at least I went and I'll probably go to some other facilities when they have auctions and see what happens. I can always get stuff for my parents to sell at their garage sales!!

Saturday, since I couldn't play softball, we met LL's parents out in the burbs for dinner. We actually ate at Cheddars, a restaurant right down the street from where I would have been playing softball. It was a nice visit. My folks are up at the place in Michigan, their first trip up there since October!

The pinched nerve is still a problem, but now it's mostly a problem in the morning and at night. In the morning it seems logical as I'm mostly stationary while sleeping and any pain medication has worn off by then. It's been pretty rough. Even moving my left arm is rough as the weight of my arm even causes discomfort. The last few days I've been trying to use the heating pad on my back and shoulder before moving out of bed in hopes to make it a little easier. I'm hoping things get better soon. In the afternoon it seems to be not too bad. Tomorrow starts physical therapy.

1 comment:

terri said...

I've always thought it might be kind of fun to attend one of those auctions. We watch Storage Wars pretty often here and get a kick out of it. And some of the stuff they've found is pretty amazing... valuable baseball cards, old records and such.

Sorry to hear you're still in pain. Hope the therapy helps.