Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Breakthrough?

Yesterday started my sessions of chiropractor visits on Monday and Wednesday and physical therapy on Tuesday and Thursday. Yep, four days a week I'm seeing somebody who should be helping my pinched nerve. Today was the PT session. It was going along as my last two had gone, slightly disappointing, until the end when they put me in traction. In traction, you basically lay down on a table and they strap in your head to a machine with a rope.....real medieval times stuff. The machine pulls slowly for a while, stops, and then releases. At then end of my 10 minute session on it this time though, I felt a LOT better! Hardly any pain at all!! So I told the therapist about it and she said they would put me on it for a little longer on Thursday.

My chiropractor is also putting me in traction, but it's a different kind that doesn't seem to work as well. That's ok, the manipulation is still good as he adjusts my C7 vertebrae last before the traction and electric stim. Anyway, things are looking up!

In other news, I was asked by the Chicago Bears to be one of 20 season ticket holders to be on a season ticket holder advisory group! We'll meet six times a year up at Halas Hall in Lake Forest and give our feedback and comments. In September of 2010 I was selected to fill out an application, but was not one of the 11 members chosen. This year one person left and they decided to add 10 more people. I was in that group of 10!! Sweet. The Bears manager in charge really liked what I wrote, but unfortunately I didn't save a copy to share. I'm sure it was awesome though.

2 comments:

terri said...

Good to hear that something is finally working for your pain.

Congrats on the advisory group. Cool!

Michael Podolny said...

Good news on the pain relief!

I'm hoping the Bears thing is your next step toward General Manager.