Monday, March 05, 2012

Painful night and day

Last night was a fitful night of sleep at best. LL proposed that I take some Tylenol, which I normally avoid in favor of ibuprofen, but this time it made sense. Tylenol isn't an anti-inflammatory, which is what I normally need, it just blocks the pain signal going to your noggin. It's the ultimate "mask the pain". But when I'm trying to sleep, it's a valid solution! Even though I had to take more during the night, I was able to get 3-4 hours of sleep a couple of times.

When I woke up, extreme pain again. The pain is really hard to describe. It's sharp pain AND dull pain at the same time. It hurts when I move and when I don't move. The mere presence of the weight of my arm hurts and keeping it in a sling hurts. Just awful.

But there was much work to do including a meeting with an investment adviser with whom I needed to discuss some long-term ideas, writing a document and making some introductions to help a friend. On top of that, my neighbor had waste backing up into their unit and needed help. I would help normally anyway, but she's pregnant and clearly in distress so of course I couldn't turn my back. $400 later, that problem got solved. And all my work got done, at least all the work that I hoped to get done. The muscle is still causing me pain and I'm pondering switching from ice treatments to heat treatments to see what happens. Normally heat doesn't work for me, but clearly this is not a normal injury. No doctor appointment until Wednesday afternoon unfortunately. Ugh.

1 comment:

alexis said...

oh dear, I hope you get some relief tomorrow from the dr - pain like that sucks.