Monday, May 03, 2010

You get what you pay for

First, my mom pointed out, correctly, that I spent 21 years in one place other than my current neighborhood: home. She couldn't be more right! Though we moved around, it was always home.

Second, another good day at the gym where I ran 2.5 miles again, which is fairly standard now, but I did it while being pretty tired and feeling a bit off. It's good to be able to power through those low energy levels. It really felt like I wasn't going to make it just after I started.

Third, I went to Whole Paycheck to pick up some kind of meat for dinner. I have to say, not only are the workers at WP nicer and more helpful than Jewel or Treasure Island, but the people who shop there seem nicer. Twice people were otherwise distracted and they almost walked into me or cut me off and both apologized profusely. Very nice.

2 comments:

terri said...

As frustrating as I find running to be, I LOVE when you feel like you can't do it and somehow you just do.

People are so rude these days, that it completely surprises us when people are simply nice and courteous. Some coupons fell out of my cart last time I was at the store. (They weren't mine, they were left by the previous shopper and I didn't even know they were there.) A man came hurrying over to pick them up and hand them to me. I kept seeing him throughout the store and just marveling at what a kind gesture that was.

alexis said...

it is true folks are very impolite these days, but I am not really sure why - self absorbed?