Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shoulder and Condo update

What to write about today?

Tonight I have softball in the burbs at 8:30 and 9:30, so I'll be home much too late to write tonight. It will be warm out there, but not oppressively hot or muggy at that hour. Should be fun. During the month of June I'll be getting a steady diet of first base while I work on strengthening my arm. Last weekend I was a little disappointed in the strength of my throws. I was really hoping that with the warm weather, my shoulder would magically be back to normal. No such luck. Sigh. Just have to keep working at it.

Manual Labor Mike is close to finishing the last of the doors and trim surrounding the doors which I'm having him upgrade. There were three doors, all downstairs, that were still the bad, dark brown, old wood style. In addition to the doors, I also had him replace some really bad, cheap, dark brown trim and accent pieces near the doors. Instead of doing something elaborate, I'm just going back to drywall there and making it look a little more modern. The changes should continue to lighten up the downstairs. Next projects: master bathroom and replacing some more old bad wood trim around the windows downstairs.

3 comments:

terri said...

Home improvements are never-ending, aren't they? But it's fun to see the way a change can freshen up the home.

alexis said...

yes, do you think once you've redone everything, you'll have to start redoing the redo's you did in the beginning?

el supremo de nm said...

Terri - with Manual Labor Mike never ending becomes geologic.