Sunday, May 02, 2010

Half of 44 is.....half my life

After church today, I noticed that even though my church is only 8-10 blocks west, it was noticeably warmer there than at my condo a block and a half off the lake. Odd. But I should be used to that by now right? Every spring and summer I hear the same bad four words: cooler near the lake. Granted, in the winter it is slightly warmer near the lake as well, but that's usually relative to the suburbs, not a mile inland.

Anyway, it got me thinking about why the temperature difference was even odd to me. It certainly shouldn't be because as of this summer, I have lived in the neighborhood 22 years. Twenty-two years. That's half my life! I've lived in this neighborhood longer than I've lived anywhere. That's a bit scary. It doesn't feel like it at all. The area has changed pretty dramatically and even with the drop in home prices, I've made a ton of money on my home. Not that I want to move anytime soon. Heck, I'm still rehabbing various parts of the place. Next on the list is the master bathroom by the way.

Wait, it's only been 21 years. Damnit.

3 comments:

Stef said...

ummm.....congratulations?

alexis said...

21 is still a freakin' long time :)

el supremo de nm said...

In Joe Years (the speed at which projects are taken on by Joe) you've really only been there 7 years.