Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beautiful Sunny Day!

It was a gorgeous day today in Chicago; barely a cloud in the sky and mid 70's. My nose faucet from yesterday finally dried up and I'm pretty sure the Nyquil from last night and the 9 hours of sleep really helped. Still, I was feeling tired and a bit off so thinking was again not a priority. In the afternoon I headed to the gym to sit in the steam room for about 15 minutes. It felt pretty good, but it's surprisingly draining! Unfortunately I passed my cold along to LL and now she's not feeling well. Sigh. Tonight I'll make her dinner in an effort to make up for it a bit!

Last night I headed to Arlington Heights for my weekly softball league. Though I didn't feel great, we didn't have extra players, I needed to throw and to take some swings, so I needed to go. Unfortunately I had to fight through local Cubs traffic, then rush hour traffic and then concert traffic out at the All State Arena. Ugh! It took me almost 90 minutes to get out there, which is what I had allotted, but that meant little warm up time. Throwing went pretty well though, little changed from Saturday. Hitting was unfortunate though. I tried a new bat and I really struggled to hit the ball with any authority in the first game. Remembering that I had a similar problem at one point last year, I switched bats to one I've used in the past. Immediately I started hitting the ball harder and hit a triple in my last at bat. Sometimes a little thing like that can make all the difference.

3 comments:

alexis said...

hah, I think this absence from baseball has moved it even further to the front of your mind - you are really working at trying to get back into it!

el supremo de nm said...

And I take it that your shoulder felt OK afterward?

terri said...

Sorry to hear LL now has the cold. What a miserable time of year to be sick.

I know the bat can make all the difference. Kacey nagged me all winter to get her a new bat which I felt was way too expensive. Finally gave in and called it her birthday present. And now she's hitting.