Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Justification

It's May 4th. M-A-Y PEOPLE!!!! What the hell happened to the first four months of the year. One third of an entire year has passed since New Year's. What do I have to show for it?? Pretty much nothing. Ok, that can't actually be right. Let's do an inventory of what I've accomplished the last four months to somewhat justify my existence on the planet.

1) Trip to Switzerland. Can't argue with that. Good times.
2) Eating much healthier now by regularly eating acorn and butternut squash, broccoli, sweet potatoes and a spinach salad, not to mention usually tuna for lunch. Also, I cook with olive oil more regularly than before.
3) Almost fully recovered from shoulder surgery. This is the biggee I guess. I've been going to the gym 3-5 days a week for the last two months, including running 3 days a week for the last three weeks or so.
4) Had three doors replaced and installed downstairs in my condo, plus I have a plan to revamp the look further. Should be nice.
5) Moved a lamp downstairs so I have fewer lights on while working, using less energy and burning less bulbs.
6) Continuing on the green front, I started recycling one of the two Starbucks cups that I used to use each day along with the lid and heat sleeve. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a good travel mug that doesn't leak at least periodically.
7) Working on an invention that I can't talk about, but it's a pretty good idea and I have it prototyped already.
8) Found a way to save $4k on my taxes by simply opening a Solo 401(k) plan instead of just contributing to my SEP. Nice! Almost pays for my Bears tickets!

So I guess that's something at least. Still, time just flies.....

2 comments:

terri said...

Rewind to two weeks ago and I was having that same thought. "Didn't we just ring in the new year?"

I don't think I have nearly as much to show for the past 4 months as you do though. I better get to work!

alexis said...

time is flying always! I think more because I am counting down the days to a wedding, but still...