Sunday, May 23, 2010

Insightless

What a long weekend! Starting with watching the Hawks on Friday night and running through my LOST party tonight, it's been exhausting. Softball on Saturday ran from 9 a.m. (when I left the house) until 9 at night, when I got home. Both the swing and shoulder are getting better, but I realized Saturday that my shoulder is NOT near 100% yet. I just have to be patient and keep working on my throwing consistently until it gets there.

The Hawks won a trip to the Stanley Cup finals and will have home ice advantage regardless of who they play. In an awful moment during the game, one of their defensemen, Duncan Keith, caught a puck in the mouth and lost four teeth. His mouth was understandably swollen in post game interviews, but he came back in to play the entire third period. It just makes you think: what would I do and not do, if I lost four teeth. I tell ya, the list of stuff I WOULDN'T do is pretty damn long and the list of what I would do is pretty short. Wow.

So more insightful entries coming during the week. Hope you had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

Eric H. said...

Keith lost seven. Ouch.

I'd love to attend a game of the Finals, but there's no way I'm going to pay what they're going to ask.

In 2003 my wife and I scalped tickets to every Devils home playoff game in their run, but that was their third cup in eight years, not a chance at their first in 50.