Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Short, but sweet

In anticipation of my more structured working environment today through Friday, I hit the gym on Monday (ran 2 1/2 miles again and upped my speed) and again on Tuesday. My workout on Tuesday consisted of 18 exercises of 20-30 reps, depending on the exercise. It was pretty exhausting, but also felt very good. Softball was cancelled due to rain, so I wasn't going to have a chance to throw unless I thought outside the box. Since I didn't want to throw for very long, I didn't want to have someone come across town for 15 minutes of throwing.

The solution? After driving around and not finding a suitable place, I parked my car in my parking spot, grabbed my mitt and ball and walked down the street to a bigger parking lot. This one had a chain-link fence all the way around it, so I found a good spot and started throwing the ball against the fence. It worked pretty well and I got 25 or so throws in. The shoulder felt great!! Saturday I'll be playing in a tournament with a make-shift team, but I'll be able to get some swings and throws in without much on the line. Should be a great test.

1 comment:

alexis said...

wow, and you were so worried about being out of the game with your surgery - seems like you are bouncing back in fine form!