Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The big weekend

The other day at the gym, I tried to do pull-ups for the first time since before my surgery. Pull-ups are a great way to build strength, but I've been hesitant to do any. Fortunately my gym has a machine that can adjust the amount of assistance in doing a pull-up, so I increased the assistance from the machine and did a few. Not too bad. We'll see how my ability increases over the next few weeks.

In an odd coincidence, at least I hope it is, one of my front teeth has been very sensitive ever since Duncan Keith caught a puck in the mouth on Sunday and lost 7 teeth (4 lowers and 3 uppers). It's annoying to drink hot or cold anything with a sensitive front tooth. Man, I hope this goes away soon.

Big Memorial Day plans?? I'm going to the Cubs game Friday afternoon to kick it off. Saturday morning, bright and early, is an important softball tournament down in Joliet. Hopefully we'll be playing a good portion of the day. The Blackhawks play at 7, so we'll probably just stay down in Joliet with LL's parents and watch the game with my teammates. Sunday morning, hopefully, will bring more softball, but there are no guarantees. Sunday afternoon is my annual party in Mokena. Should be a gluttonous time as always. Monday night is game 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but the rest of the day is free to hang out.

What have you got planned?

4 comments:

Joisey Ken said...

Lake Wallenpaupack Pennsylvania (scene of the hook incident)

el supremo de nm said...

What gluttony? What happened to Mr. New Diet? How sad :(

For me this weekend will be mass 'o' grandkids in the pool.

terri said...

No major plans here. Just sleeping, relaxing, eating and a little bowling just for fun.

alexis said...

well I guess I'll go to work on Monday since it is not a holiday in Amsterdam. :(