Sunday, May 16, 2010

Old is new again

Sorry for the silence late last week; work was busy and then I started coming down with something or my allergies were acting up and that wore me down a bit.

Despite all that, on Thursday night we went to a fundraiser for a charity that Ricardo's wife is involved with. Fortunately for all of us, it was right around the corner! Anyway, since I wasn't 100%, I didn't drink too much wine. Friday was a half day of work, thankfully as I was feeling sort of beat up. Well my allergies start kicking in, my body just shuts down. Valiantly I fought it off throughout the afternoon and evening on Friday with.....Indian food!

Yeah, a little odd, but we had dinner plans with a good buddy of mine and his wife. We've been going to a great place up just off of Devon called Bhabi's Kitchen. On Friday we pulled up at the time we were meeting, only to find that Bhabi's was closed!! It was a BYOB and the owner was there as a helpful resource in figuring out what to order. The reason I found Bhabi's in the first place almost two years ago was that LL and I were going to my favorite Indian restaurant, Hema's Kitchen, and upon arrival we found that the entire building was condemned!! A block away was Bhabi's and we were very happy. So Friday night we wondered back onto Devon Avenue to find the next Indian restaurant. After walking west a few blocks, I spotted a marquee that said Hema's Kitchen! They reopened down the street about 4 months after their old building was condemned. How fortunate! We ate and had a very nice meal.

Still struggling with my cold, I got up early on Saturday morning to play in a softball tournament. Most of our team was playing for another team (which I played for also last year), so this tournament was just for some of us to get in some swings and practice and for me to throw. Throwing went well, but I still have to get stronger. It's coming along though. My hitting was awful though, but I chalk that up mostly to my being very tired from not sleeping well.

After spending Saturday night in drinking tea and resting, LL and I got up in the morning to head to her church in Joliet with her parents. After the service we had a nice lunch and watched the Hawks take game one in the playoffs against San Jose. An exciting game!!!

So health-wise, I'm feeling like I could be feeling better tomorrow if I can get a good night's sleep tonight. It didn't seem like a full blown cold, just allergies that kind of threw me off for a few days.

And finally, during the day on Sunday, my 2002 Toyota Camry rolled over 100,000 miles. I've always said that I was going to keep the car for 10 years or until it go to 100,000 miles at least. At this point, I can see having the car for two more years pretty easily.

1 comment:

alexis said...

ugh! allergies are a misery. Don't know what is worse, those or just a plain old cold.