Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to everyone....even you muthas.

Up and down weekend. The passing of Ernie Harwell still had me down a bit. On Friday though, my spirits were lifted with a trip to a new restaurant Chilam Balam, a Mexican restaurant that serves sort of tapas style. It's BYOB and the food was really good, but we did have to wait an hour. Normally I wouldn't do that, but we were with another couple and there was a bar next door. Afterwards, we watched a great Blackhawks' game and win where they went up 3 games to 1 in the series. Hockey playoffs are an exciting time of year. A good run at the gym early in the day helped to pick me up a bit too.

Saturday rolled around and I was going to go hit softballs and do some throwing, but the temps plummeted and I decided it was not a good idea to try and throw when it was so cold. It was such a blah weather day that I didn't even feel like going to the gym. So after a relaxing day, LL and I went downtown to The Chicago theater to see Joel McHale. If you don't know who he is, he's on NBC on the show Community and on The Soup on The E! Network. He was really very funny. Prior to the show, we hooked up for a few drinks with the kids of the guy who sits next to me at the Bears games.

On Sunday, we started the day with a late breakfast (an omelet) and then back to the gym for a good strengthening workout. Then I finally got in touch with my mother to wish her a happy Mother's Day and LL's parents came downtown for dinner. We took them to Sapori Trattoria and had the usual great meal, though it was SUPER crowded and fairly noisy in the back room, which I didn't even know existed! Otherwise though it was a great meal.

We came home and watched the Blackhawks' game which I Tivoed. Unfortunately, they lost 4-1, but trailed 3-0 for a good portion of the game. Ugh. The game was at home and with the Hawks up 3 games to 1, they could wrap up the best of seven series. With the loss, they have to go to Vancouver on Tuesday. If they don't win there, then they come back to Chicago for game 7 on Thursday here in Chicago. Several problems with all of this. First, the next opponent should the Hawks win, San Jose, have already finished their series and are resting comfortably. They'll have almost a week off by the time they play their next game. The Hawks could have as little as one or two days off before starting the next series.....IF they win! Ugh. Plus, San Jose has home ice advantage regardless of who they play, so they'll start off at home. Another west coast flight for the Hawks. They REALLY need to win on Tuesday.

AND, I just bought tickets to a wine tasting fundraiser on Thursday. Isn't that the way??

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

So instead of the promised wine tasting I'm going to get suds and Hawks on TV?

terri said...

At least you had some good food!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nope, there's still wine, I may bail on you a bit early though!!