Friday, May 30, 2008

Syphilis is Back. When was your last test?

That's the sign on a medical facility near my house that I see when I walk back from my training session with Sadist Joel. Syphilis is back?? What, did people think; it's been on vacation since taking out Al Capone? Though I guess you don't hear about stars having syphilis in the news rags like you do with other diseases like hepatitis. And are people getting tested for it on a regular basis? "When was your last test" sort of implies that people are getting tested regularly. Odd.

Just read that Harvey Korman has passed away at the age of 81 due to complications of an aneurysm. The dude was DA BOMB when it came to sitcom humor back in the day. What he did on the Carol Burnett show impacted me for years. His work as The Great Gazoo on The Flinstones was pretty memorable as well. And don't even get me started on High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles and History of The World. As Mel Brooks said, "It's a more serious world" without Harvey Korman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old diseases don't die...they just wait for people to become complaisant.