Thursday, May 29, 2008

Softball and Golf

So many things to write about, but I'm going to split them up. Tomorrow I leave for St. Louis for an eight team softball tournament on Saturday (just one day). The winner (and only the winner) qualifies for their World Series in Florida in September. We're sending a pretty good team down there and start off at 11 a.m. against a team from Missouri. Those things bode well: later start against a local team (might not be as good because they didn't have to travel to get there).

On the way down though, Sausage Andy (from my softball team) and I are going to play some golf at a course called Cinder Ridge. I played there just after they opened several years ago and I thought it was nice and would only get better. We'll see. It's pretty far down hwy 55 so we'll be far away from any rush hour traffic after we finish.

The big question is do I stay over Saturday night in Troy, IL at the Super 8 or do I drive home? It really depends on how well we do, how I feel and the weather conditions. I'm inclined to come home and spend all of Sunday back here, but I don't control all of the variables.

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Why do you guys keep playing tourneys you've already qualified for? I would do whatever the rest of your team is doing.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

There are actually four different organizations that hold tournaments and we try to qualify for the world series in three of them. We've done one, but are still trying to get bids in the other two. This one plays its world series in Vegas!!!

alexis said...

pass up on the cultural experience that is a Super 8 motel?? No way!

And by cultural, I mean the bacteria kind.

Anonymous said...

If you win, I would just start partying on the spot.

If you lose, I would just start partying on the spot.

Sounds like a fun road trip. Be safe and good luck!!