Monday, May 12, 2008

Missed my Monday Post!

Sorry for missing my post late yesterday, but hopefully I'll still catch you this morning. A few phone calls surrounding my guitar class and it was 11:30 before I knew it. This morning I had a 7:00 a.m. meeting at my church (the exorcism didn't work!!), so I couldn't stay up late writing last night.

Decided to change the color and format of the blog. Let me know what you think.

These mushrooms are growing in my back yard. Common sense says, don't try to eat them. Everything online says they are "choice"! Damn me and my sensibilities.


They are all over one portion of the yard and I've never seen them there (or anywhere in the yard) before. Very odd.













I thought maybe they were growing above a rotting tree root or something, but here you see them growing up through pavers. They are in the yard, in the gardened area and in between these pavers. Guess that doesn't mean they aren't sprouting from a tree root, but it seems less likely.







Here's is one cut open and splayed. They are basically hollow. Interesting.

6 comments:

Desiree said...

Joe, eat the 'shrooms, get high.

Anonymous said...

Since eating the wrong mushroom is fatal and the visible differences can be very minor, I'd say have Ricardo try them first :)

Maybe the mushrooms feed on dead rats?

alexis said...

this is where having pets or children comes in handy joe!

stef said...

God, they really look like morels (I mean they're obviously not but...) though. Maybe you can find a mushroom expert to take them to?

Anonymous said...

Please save me a couple! http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Meal

via Budapest :)

G@D said...

anonymous is absolutely correct! You have the cherished morels in your yard. Property values just went $$$ UP. I am the author of http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Meal and you can compare my pictures to yours. The fake or false morel is larger and solid inside a good comparison picture and info on that is posted on
http://thegreatmorel.com/falsemorel.html
enjoy your free meal. I've got to get back to my hubs. They are threating to pull my morrel one since it got some attention.
later
G@D