Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Still fighting....might be winning!

Decided to sleep in today and got to bed relatively early last night to make for 9 hours of zonked out sleep. It seemed to help, along with the massive amounts of fluids I had during the day yesterday. So today I was actually feeling pretty well except for a little sore throat. In fact, I was able to do my workout with Sadist Joel and perform pretty well, though we didn't do any endurance work really (one could argue it's all endurance even when I'm strength training). After the workout, I hit the steam room for 15 minutes or so to get my core up and try to sweat out anything that might be trying to reproduce inside me. Didn't seem to hurt, so hopefully it helped!

No details on my workouts with Sadist Joel lately because we're doing various exercises that would take far, far too long to describe. I've made the decision to toss in some treadmill work during the week though in addition to my two other workouts. My goal there is to help shed some weight while I'm getting stronger. We'll see how May treats me.

Kudos to T-Rex Tim!! He has finally found employment.

Anyway, kudos to Tim for finding employment. He starts Monday. Good luck my man!!!

Finally, I love this story....except for the guy dieing. I'm just picturing this scene with this woman, drunk, driving her car and saying to herself "I'll show them Red Sox fans. I'll scare the shit out of them. Here we go......hey, that one guy isn't moving"....thud. Meanwhile the Yankees fan is saying, "I'm not moving......I'm not moving......She's going to stop......She's going to stop....."...thud. Unbelievable. Now the driver gets a free trip to the pokey for second degree murder. Let me know how much you love Derek Jeter in 5-9 years.

3 comments:

alexis said...

keep up the good fight! I seem to have contracted whatever you have via your blog. :(

stef said...

Hoo! That picture is hilarious. Remind me not to let you take any more pictures of me.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a very accurate representation of Mr. T from what I've seen at various outings. Congratulations on employment T! You buy next time :)