Monday, May 19, 2008

Golf and Guitar

Today I went golfing with an insurance agent ( a really good business insurance guy) who knew one his clients is in need of my consulting services. The day of business went very well, but my day of golf was much less so. On the front nine I three putted 4 holes in route to a 46 and on the back I had 6 penalties in route to a 46. Unbelievable. I did birdie one hole and had another birdie rim all the way around the cup and come back at me. Nice.

My new driver performed pretty well as did my new hybrid. Yes, I went shopping on Saturday at Dick's Sporting Goods and walked out with two new clubs, pants, two hats.....geesh, I don't even know what else. It was a good excursion.

After taking a quick shower when I got home, I raced off to my guitar lesson. It seems no matter how much I practice, I feel pretty stupid in class. Today I was sitting next to a gal from the Tuesday class who was doing a makeup and she was pretty damn good. That didn't help me feel any better about myself. I like sitting next to bad players!!

While in class, I got a call from Portage Park Michelle (the gal of "chased by a black bear" fame). She was going to schedule some sessions with Sadist Joel, but apparently she's been in a head on car crash!! She said she's beat up, but ok. God speed PPM!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT KIND OF DRIVER DID YOU GET?

alexis said...

on behalf of commission-based-salaried teenagers everywhere, thank you for your contributions to beer money.

And I hope PPM is ok!!

Anonymous said...

Yes - get well thoughts to PPM

stef said...

Hope your friend is better soon!
As for guitar, some times you have to work harder at certain skills- hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. What kind of clubs did you get?
Guitar and going very, very, very donkey slow equals perfecto...the book should help. Maybe get a cheapo yamaha classical guitar?


Tim

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Actually Alexis, the golfing dude that helped me out at Dick's was at least 55 or so. He knew his shit. Probably still went to beer money.

I'm not a cutting edge of technology guy when it comes to.......anything really, but especially golf clubs. I like Cleveland's clubs, but didn't like their latest offering so I went with the next oldest model, the HiBore. I wanted a 9.5 degree driver instead of 10.5 as I hit the ball pretty high anyway. So far so good.

Anonymous said...

For a minute there I thought you left Dick's with a new car!