Thursday, May 01, 2008

Heading to Indy

This weekend is a softball tournament in Indianapolis. It's supposed to just be Saturday, but the weather could push it to Sunday. In order to alleviate stress and any potential mishaps, I'm heading down early on Friday, leaving around 1:30 or so. This way I can clear Chicago's traffic and get a decent meal in Indy. Leaving later might lead to a fast food meal which might not be the best for playing on Saturday.

This tournament is our third World Series qualifier in three weeks. They have all been for different organizations and we qualified for one and lost miserably in the other. We're hopeful for this tournament, though a lot of our success is going to come down to our pitchers and how well they can field their position in addition to throwing quality strikes. The strike zone is higher in this organization, so our hitters may have a tough time adjusting. I should be ok though as I can take the higher strikes to right field pretty easily.

I feel like I'm finally getting caught up after my trip to Myrtle.......most of the time at least. The bathroom still needs work done and so many other things, but I'm making progress. My business partner, el supremo de NM, was in town for work so I've been busier than normal anyway. In case you don't know the story of what el supremo is doing in two weeks, you should check out his blog. Truly remarkable.

Time to practice guitar before my trip tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

stef said...

Have a great trip! Hope you win!

Anonymous said...

Yes come home with the W!

alexis said...

joe, I'm so glad you and my father have become friends as well as business partners. you are both inspiring people!