Thursday, May 08, 2008

Football and Food. Hand in hand.

Boy did I rack it up on TC4 last night!! Having Stephanie and Richard along with Dale on my fantasy chef lineup racked up 28 pts for me!! Whoo-hoo!! I'm still in 99th place, but I missed a week at least early on. Top 100 for Joe!!

The retard Nikki finally was sent home.....only about 8 shows too late!! Argh. It can be so frustrating watching this show. Steph's cake looked AWESOME and Richard clearly is one of the best on the show as well. Both of them along with Dale are the top three most talented chefs on the show in my opinion. Antonia follows up fourth as she has come on pretty well as of late.

Now, regarding "cry baby" Dale. You can't tell me that Gordon Ramsay wouldn't act the exact same way as Dale if not worse. They are both overly emotional (most likely immature) perfectionists. It's a competition, he adds color and clearly the dude has mad skillz. I cut him some slack.

On a completely different note, I had a question in my mind about NFL drafted rookies. The weekend after the draft, for most teams, the rookies and others head off to a mini-camp with their new team. There they go through drills and get worked out. Mind you, the vast, vast majority of these players have yet to sign a contract. What happens if they get hurt? If you're the number one pick, you might have $15M-$20M in guaranteed money coming to you and you could blow a knee running drills. What happens?? Why would a rookie agree to do take this risk?

Well, as it turns out the players and teams agree to Letters of Agreement (LOA's) which state that if the player gets hurt, the team will still give him a contract (or pay him) commensurate with his drafted position. I mention this because it's something that really bothered me after Benson held out from the Bears camp after he was drafted. He went to these mini-camps, but didn't go to training camp because of a contract hold out. My thought is, why not go to the regular camp with the same LOA in place and at least you won't be so far behind the rest of the team because you've been to the practices and the training camp? Aren't you even MORE valuable to the team then?? If the contract isn't agreed to, sit out starting with the regular season, but don't miss the training camp! Again, seems so obvious that something must be wrong with it......or everyone in the NFL is a moron.

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Your America's Top Chef posts are weirding me out.

stef said...

Yeah- it was way lame of nikki not to take the reigns on that challenge. CLEARLY not Top Chef material.

alexis said...

I like how you enjoy all competitions joe! remind me, however, never to play chess with you.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ohhhh, Alexis, I haven't played chess in so long, I fear that I wouldn't be much of a challenge. I wonder if we could play over skype??