Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not a stimulating day today

No pictures and not much going on today. My alarm went off at 7, but I was really exhausted so I turned it off and slept in until 9:30!! Yowza! I wasn't expecting that! The golfing with potential clients (which went well) followed by guitar class must have tuckered me out.

My Starbucks continues to enforce their refill policy, so I haven't been going back there in the afternoon. Other Starbucks are not enforcing the policy, so mine happens to be a rogue store....or they don't want me to come back in the afternoon! Not sure. Well, I'm adapting with either not having the afternoon coffee or going to another store. So far no other store has asked me to pay full price in the last ten days or so.

This weekend I have a one day local tournament on Saturday and Sunday I'm headed for Mokena, my annual pilgrimage to the far south side. It's always a good time down there with great food, good drinking (not too much because of the drive home) and some fun folks.

Good news on the cell phone front! I've decided to get the new Blackberry Bold when it comes out in July. Just seems to make sense to wait for it as opposed to getting a Curve or a Pearl, unless they go on sale for really cheap.

4 comments:

alexis said...

this is how they repay your years of loyal coffee-drinking!!! The cads!

stef said...

somehow i missed earlier mention of said starbucks policy?

What about the morels? Have you eaten them yet?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's what I say Alexis!! Apparently my $.55 in the afternoon isn't enough for them. Bastages.

No Stef, I haven't eaten them yet. I have them sitting in a pan drying out. Thoughts on preparation?

Anonymous said...

From a guy who would never even turn his phone on to a new Crackberry addict, all in a couple of years.