Thursday, May 15, 2008

Golfing etc!

Today I played in a golf outing benefiting a group that goes down to Honduras to build homes and other buildings (this year it will be a orphanage). Two of my regular three partners in my golfing team were playing and one of them paid for our entire group! It's up to the rest of us to buy drinks, enter the raffle, bid on stuff....basically spend money on other things. It's also a competition though and we won! It was our first team victory of the year. The weather conditions were tough, but we fought through it and we had a great time.

For winning, we each received a free round of golf and cart rental at this particular club (about an hour away). The three guys I was playing with though are all members at a "sister" club, so they can play for free already!! So they generously gave me all four rounds. What nice guys!! And here they are:




Left to right: Me, Stevie "wonder", Dan "the sponsor" and Jake "the pro" (he actually is a pro by the way). On the longest drive contest hole, I blasted one past the then current longest drive by about 10+ yards and it managed to hold up under a severe attack by Jake. Unfortunately, even though almost the entire field of players had already hit, someone came along and bested my drive. Damn.


TC4 was a pretty good episode last night. My fantasy lineup (Dale, Stephanie and Richard) did well again and none of them were in the bottom three. In fact, both Dale and Stephanie were up for the win and Dale took home the W. Still, a fine effort by Stephanie.

The bottom three were Spike, Andrew and Lisa. They could all get sent home for all I care. Apparently Andrew failed to include all of the food groups in this challenge. Lisa narqued him out!! The hypocrite bitch!! Just what, two shows earlier?, she completed ignored the rules in a challenge and didn't get sent home. But here, in front of the judges, she throws Andrew under the bus. Nice. She totally has to go next.

The challenge was to cook a nutritious boxed lunch for some policemen or firemen or something. A boxed lunch! How retarded is that?? I mean seriously, is this really a challenge fit for top chefs? Once again, the show disappoints in their challenges. All of the catering challenges have been too much and now this? This one has to be the worst......except for making a nutritious dinner for four on $10 while shopping at Whole Foods. That was really, really weak.

Here's my ex-boss doing good! Thanks to Ricardo for the link.

An interesting link from FP Kim regarding my mushroom entry. Hmmmm, maybe I SHOULD eat them?

Finally, one of my business partners, el supremo de New Mexico, donated his kidney to his sister on Wednesday. Everything went well and both are recovering nicely.

6 comments:

alexis said...

hah, when I first ready this I thought you said you were going down to honduras for a golfing trip. If you throw in the charity, sounds like a good deal all around!

stef said...

Congrats on the win! With the mushrooms- the thing that makes me think they are NOT morels is the location where you found them. I've always read they are supposed to grow in hidden areas.

Anonymous said...

You are like a sports all-pro, a beast!! The Bears need a QB.

Don't eat those mushrooms...if there not blue, there not true, hah!!

have a great weekend.

Tim

Desiree said...

Good job golfing, back to Sadist Joe for more oomph next time on that drive.

Good job, El Supremo!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

ok, a mushroom website guy posted a comment the other day saying these mushrooms are ok to eat!! I might pick them, put them in a bag and then figure out if they are edible or not.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

And thanks Tim! If I thought for a second that I wouldn't look 100x worse than Grossman, I would be offering my services.

Most people don't know this, but I was fortunate enough to grow up playing a relatively young, wide open golf course in Naperville. All you had to do was hit the ball as hard as you could and if it went awry, you could still scramble for par. I was never constrained on my swing and so my club head speed remains in tact!